Foreign Affairs Consulting Services

Foreign Affairs Consulting Services

Tel: 1.647.282.2451

Toll Free:1.866.334.3807

Fax: 587.254.7118

Visitors Visas

Millions of people visit Canada every year to enjoy the many opportunities the country has to offer.  Canada welcomes you as a tourist.  Depending on where you live, and the reason for your visit, you will need to meet certain entry requirements.


To visit Canada, you must do the following:

  • have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
  • be in good health
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. 

You may also need:

  • a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship
  • a medical examination
  • a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
  • Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa.